Benefits of a Registered Apprenticeship
Being an apprentice in South Dakota allows you to earn money while preparing for your career.
A Registered Apprenticeship gives you:
- Improved skills and competencies that meet the specific needs of the employer
- Incremental wage increases as skills improve
- On-the-job training and occupation focused education
- Career advancement
- Industry issued, nationally recognized credentials
- Opportunities for college credit and future degrees
- Post-secondary training without the debt
- There are over 600,000 apprentices nationwide in more than 1,300 occupations.
- Nearly 92% apprentices are employed after completing their apprenticeship. Average starting salary: $72K+/year
- Workers who complete apprenticeship programs earn $300,000 more over a career than their peers who don't.
- Apprentices earn while they learn, reducing their need to take on debt.
Be an apprentice and start your career today by selecting Request Services or calling your Job Service office.
Start Today SD
Be An Apprentice
Instant Career. Instant Paycheck.
Be a Business Sponsor
Build a qualified workforce. Reduce turnover.
Find Student Opportunities
“The Other College”