Benefits of a Registered Apprenticeship
Being an apprentice in South Dakota allows you to earn money while preparing for your career.
A Registered Apprenticeship gives you:
- Improved skills and competencies that meet the specific needs of the employer
- Incremental wage increases as skills improve
- On-the-job training and occupation focused education
- Career advancement
- Industry issued, nationally recognized credentials
- Opportunities for college credit and future degrees
- Post-secondary training without the debt
- There are over 545,000 apprentices nationwide in more than 1,000 occupations.
- Nearly 9/10 apprentices are employed after completing their apprenticeship. Average starting salary: $60K+/year
- Workers who complete apprenticeship programs earn $300,000 more over a career than their peers who don't.
- Apprentices earn while they learn, reducing their need to take on debt.