2022 StartToday SD Business Incentive
As part of its ongoing Registered Apprenticeship expansion efforts, $150,000.00 is available to support employers, registered apprenticeship sponsors, and education or training providers interested in the development of new Registered Apprenticeship Programs. Up to 15 awards in the amount of $10,000.00 each are available. U.S. DOL Apprenticeship State Expansion Grant funds 100% of this initiative.
How to Apply
- Review the StartTodaySD Incentive Application Guide.
- Submit a Letter of Intent and ask any questions by June 15, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
- Check back here on June 22, 2022, to find a response to all inquiries received.
- Download the Application Form; save this document to your device before completing.
- Send completed applications to StartToday@state.sd.us before July 20, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
Important Documents and Links
- Letter of Intent
- Incentive Inquiry
- StartTodaySD Incentive Package
Response to Inquiries
Question: Can DLR assist/review my application and give feedback?
Answer: DLR's Registered Apprenticeship team members or any person on the selection team are unable to provide feedback, suggestions, or offer assistance in the application process. We understand that not everyone has grant writing experience, and want to assure you that DLR is not seeking perfection. However, our suggestion would be to:
- Use the Incentive Application Guide and make sure to follow formatting requirements and adhere to the page limit,
- Review the Sample Scoring Rubric to guide you in the narrative description and understand how points are earned.